Friday 15 March 2013

A2 Media Studies- Ancillary Text Research DVD Cover

Ancillary Text Research DVD Cover 


As I'm doing a DVD cover for my music video single 'Give Your Heart A Break' and a poster i wanted to research into other people have come up with and see if i can try and make a DVD and poster which matches up to what they have done.

Here some research into the DVD covers. One of my favourite bands of all time is 'Green Day' and therefore i found this and i thought it was really interesting for a green day DVD cover...


As Green Day are a rock band they have gone for the dark colours, blacks, whites and greys. But what really makes this album/ DVD cover pop is the red, which i find to be a great way to make this DVD cover eye catching and enticing to their intended audience.

Another artist I'm really interested in is the one and only 'Lady Gaga' she is something different and that inspires here very niche audience, i think the fact she is so different makes her intriguing to audiences. Below is her DVD cover for her collection of music video's.


This Music video DVD cover inspires me, it something that is not only eye catching but interesting and audiences want to see what's inside. It's a very mature type of DVD cover and that is something i want to strongly include on my DVD cover and also i want to reflect that on my poster. I also like that dash of colour incorporated on the back cover, so i think will consider maybe incorporating that as well.

Here are someother examples of DVD cover for music video's, but i didnt really think they were relevent to my music video but they are pretty nice....




This is th research i conduncted on my ancillary text of a DVD for the music video i have created hope you enjoyed and have a better idea of what im looking for when it comes to my music video DVD cover!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment