Friday 16 November 2012

A2 Media Studies- Screen Tests

Screen Tests

In class we were looking at screen tests as it will assist us when it came to filming for our final projects, which mine is the music video. A screen test is when the director goes out to a location similar to where they are going to film the final project, and do shots of scenes they may incorporate within their music video or any other project they may be taking on when it comes to filming.  

I took on the task of screen tests for my music video to give me some shots and angles which i may incorporate into my music video.

I had to consider many factors when it came my screen tests i had to think about the location and the limits i had when filming. For my location i had to use a wooded area within my school and my friend Sophie was a fit in for my actor and from this is could determine what shots i may use. For the screen tests i used 'Mr Brighside' by The Killers as i did not have my song and i wanted to play around and experiment with my screen shots and the editing for them.

Any way below is the final piece, i hope you enjoy...


Just to warn you i only did a small amount of filming when it came to my screen tests and only included the clips which i thought were most suitable and fun for when it came to my music video, and i have only around 50 seconds of clips. However i have left the rest of the song on the video just in case you wanted to hear and enjoyed that's why the screen goes black. Hope you enjoyed my screen tests is only a small glimpse into how good my final music video it's going to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment